- 300 soft and cuddly stuffed animal that will have a new loving child to hold them
- 169 blankets and another 60 or so that have been made and are being sent to Kansas. That leaves only 71 more that are needed for the year
- I already have 501 hand knitted hats here in Honduras
- I have starter sets of cloth diapers for 7 babies. The cost to purchase the diapers for one baby is $10 for 12 flats and 2 sets of pins. I have had donation to buy enough for 18 more babies for a total of 25
- I have had the rings for the slings donated and I have bought the fabric for the first 8. I am going to have 4 different woman each made 2 this week to find someone I can work with long term to have the 300 made this year. The project cost for each sling is $12 each for fabric and labor. I have received donation for cover the first 25 slings.
We also had an awesome response from The Rock of KC youth group to our request for teen girl clothes to bless Gisselle and Mirian as well as serveral other girls here who needed the clothing. We brought the clothes down for Mirian and Gisselle in our luggage....they both had no words, only huge smilies as the opened package upon package of clothes....these girls could not believe the amount of clothes they received and felt they were good for the whole year in one day! We still have several boxes in the shipment coming down to we can continue to bless several other girls.
We are still in need of some funding to cover the shipping all the great donated goods for the Mommy project, the teen girl clothes and other donated goods for the work here in Honduras.
Sorry I have no pictures to post today...our camera is several hours away, I left it behind at a friend's house and it is really hard to be without it! I promise to post as soon at I get it back :)